Dietary service is one of the most important hospital supportive services contributing to the recovery of health, through scientifically prepared diets & educating the patients regarding use & utility of different foods & balanced diet.
Dietetics department of Sri Narayani Hospital & Research Centre provides following facilities-
- Diet Plan & Consultation.
- Indoor diet service.
Dietary Department of SNH&RC caters a number of patients with nutritionally balanced & hygienic therapeutic diets. It purposes are to maintain good nutritional status, to correct deficiencies & to prevent a number of diseases & to maintain body ability to metabolize the nutrients & thereby to reduce complications in patient life
OBJECTIVES OF DIETARY DEPARTMENT
- Coordinate and integrate clinical and administrative aspects of dietetics to provide quality nutritional care.
- Establishes and maintain standards of food production and service, sanitation, safety and security.
- Plan, develops, control and evaluate food service system
- Diet counseling for inpatients and out patients.
- Develop menu patterns and evaluate Patients acceptance
- Develops specifications for the procurement of food, equipment and supplies.
- Consult with the health care team concerning the nutritional care of Patient
FACILITIES AVAILABLE IN SNHRC DIET CLINIC.
DIET CONSULTATION & COUNSELLING.
HYGENIC AND BALANCED FOOD FOR INDOOR PATIENTS.
DIFFERENT THERAPUTIC DIET FOR DIFFERENT PATIENTS.
DIET CHARTS AVAILABLE FOR DIFFERENT DISORDERS.
- Audio Visual Aids are used to Counsel the Patients
d. Food Guide Pyramid
g. Measuring cups demonstration
- Diet Counseling for Various Disease conditions like
a. Degenerative diseases
b. Pulmonary diseases
c. Various types of cancers
e. Nutritional deficiency diseases
f. Cardiac diseases
h. Hepatic diseases
i. Neurological disorders
j. Kidney disease etc.,
- Steamer & boilers for cooking therapeutic diets to patients
- Fire Safety guards
- iii.Heater trolleys and other food trolleys for each and very ward to transport & serve food to patients in wards.
- iv.Individual S.S flasks, spoons, fiber plates, napkins for private ward patients.
- v.Separate containers for ICU & CCU