The department of Psychiatry treats the following mental health problems:
- Acute stress reaction, Adjustment disorders, Panic attacks, Phobias, Generalised Anxiety disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.
- Alcohol and other psychoactive substance dependence
- Attention deficits and hyperactive disorder
- Dissociative disorder
- Evaluation of suicidal ideation and suicidal risk
- Major depressive disorder and bipolar affective disorder.
- Schizophrenia and other psychotic disorders
- Sleep disorders, Sexual disorder
- Somatisation disorder, Somatoform pain disorder
- Screening of children and adolescents for intellectual disability, autism spectrum disorder, specific learning disability
- Delirium and Dementia
- Gender dysphoria
- Personality disorders
- Disruptive, impulse â€“control, and Conduct disorders
- Circadian Rhythm sleep-Wake disorders
Counselling services offered for
- Strengthen self esteem
- Stress Management
- Anger Management
- Study techniques, Improving concentration & Memory on studies
- Problems in relationship &.interpersonal problems
- Parental discord, Marital issues (newly married couple), Family disharmony
- Grief Situations- Disappointment, losing Something, Someone.
- Worry on physical illness & Health related problems
- Worrying about future, Unknown fear and hopelessness
- Misconception on sexual beliefs and relationships
- Financial crisis & Loneliness.
Dr. LAKSHMANAN MBBS,DPM.,
Kindly contact Department of Psychiatry, if any one facing the above mentioned problems.
Contact No-0416- 2206381.